Oracle EPM Standard Cloud vs EPM Enterprise Cloud - How they compare?
Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud
services ensure a connected and agile experience across multiple business processes. The business processes and features available depend on the specific EPM Cloud service that you purchase.
Below is an overview of the business processes available in each solution:
A closer look at Oracle EPM Standard Cloud Service
EPM Standard Cloud Service is a suite of business processes designed primarily for small to mid-sized businesses and those with lower complexity requirements to support planning and budgeting, consolidation
and close, account reconciliation, and narrative reporting processes.
Data Management, which enables you to integrate data from source systems, and command-line tools, such as Oracle Smart View for Office and EPM Automate, are also included.
In the EPM Standard Cloud, you can deploy one of the following business processes:
Financial Consolidation and Close
A closer look at Oracle EPM Enterprise Cloud Service
The EPM Enterprise Cloud Service comprises the full suite of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud business processes supporting activities spanning across planning and budgeting, consolidation
and close, account reconciliation, profitability and cost management, tax reporting, enterprise data management, and narrative reporting.
The EPM Enterprise Cloud Service allows you to deploy one of the following business processes:
- Custom Planning, module-based Planning, and Free Form planning is supported to deliver instant value and greater productivity for business planners, analysts, and decision-makers across all lines of
Custom Planning enables a streamlined process-driven custom solution. Module-based Planning comes bundled with pre-packaged Capital, Financials, Projects, Strategic Modeling, and Workforce modules.
Free Form Planning helps you to create an unrestricted free form dimension solution using an Essbase outline file. Additionally, EPM Enterprise Cloud Service supports the use of the Groovy scripting language
to customize business rules in the Planning business process.
- This business process with transaction matching support is used to automate the process of validating your company's financial accounts by checking the account balances for accuracy. Transaction matching
helps automate the process of reconciling high volume or labor-intensive reconciliations and integrating results into the tracking features within reconciliation compliance.
Financial Consolidation and Close
- This business process supports consolidation and close process tasks with default, prebuilt calculations. You can create custom calculations and complex ownership structures and automate consolidation
and close tasks.
Financial Consolidation and Close comes bundled with Supplemental Data Manager and Close Manager modules, and also supports the integration of Close Manager with other services.
- Along with Disclosure Management, this business process provides a secure, process-driven approach for defining, authoring, reviewing, and publishing financial and management report packages.
Enterprise Data Management
- this business process helps you manage business viewpoints, govern changes across them, share and map data sets to accelerate deployment, and build an authoritative system of reference.
Profitability and Cost Management
- this business process helps you manage the cost and revenue allocations that are necessary to compute profitability for a business segment, such as a product, customer, region, or branch.
- this business process calculates your company's global tax provision, effective tax rate, and deferred tax for tax provisioning purposes following the standards for accounting for income taxes under
GAAP and IFRS.
MindStream Analytics is a premier consulting and managed services provider. We help organizations acquire, implement, host, and manage strategic finance solutions designed to grow your business-including
Oracle EPM Cloud Services- by bringing people, processes, and information together. Our team is made up of business and technical experts with years of experience with Enterprise Performance Management,
Business Intelligence, and Advanced Analytics.
Contact MindStream Analytics
Fill out the form below to learn more about MindStream Analytics and Oracle EPM Cloud Services.