What is Oracle Planning 11.2?
Planning 11.2 is the newest version of Oracle's premier, on-premise Excel and Web-based planning, budgeting, and forecasting solution designed
for the office of the CFO.
With version 11.2, Oracle is offering what they refer to as a "Continuous Innovation" release model that delivers ongoing applications
and underlying technology stack updates without a major upgrade.
Several new features have been introduced with the 11.2 release, with more to come in the future and other features available in previous
versions being discontinued.
What's New with Oracle Planning 11.2
- Premier Support through 2030 - Important to note: Oracle Hyperion 18.104.22.168 Premier Support ends in December 2021.
- On-premise or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- No more major upgrades via Patch Set Updates (PSU)
- The initial release is Windows only
- Windows 2019, SQL Server 2017, Oracle 12.2
- JDK 1.8
- Linux 7 and AIX 7.2 to follow later as patches
- You do not need to rebuild your apps
- Simplified Interface
- Faster/Larger forms support
- Ad hoc Grids for Analysis
- Grid definitions to Financial Reports
- Streamlines and simplifies infrastructure and architecture for the future
- Sustained R&D
- Enhancements are driven by customer demand
Planned Features for future releases of Oracle Planning include:
- Smart Push
- Dimension Editor SV extension
- Extended Attribute support
- Valid Intersections
- Use Excel Formular Editor to write calculations
- Sandbox support
A Closer Look at Planning
Oracle Planning provides an in-depth look at business operations, and their related impact on financials,
by tightly integrating financial and operational planning models. With Planning, you can meet your immediate
financial planning needs while enabling a platform for future cross-functional expansion and automated process integration.
The benefits of utilizing Oracle Planning in your organization include:
- Reducing your planning, budgeting, and forecasting cycles by weeks or months
- Improving the accuracy of your plans and forecasts
- Decreasing end-user learning curves by leveraging a Microsoft Office-based interface
- Eliminating the time lag from when plans are updated and reports are refreshed.
Oracle Planning is built to scale with your organization's growth. The scalable architecture enables you to start initially
with a minimal deployment before extending it out to hundreds or thousands of concurrent users. The architecture
allows for flexible data entry, analysis, and frequent real-time updates from anywhere, in a safe and secure environment.
Moreover, Oracle Planning provides collaborative planning processes and centralized user and data management, significantly
reducing maintenance and distribution costs. Oracle Planning interoperates with accepted user management systems to help
ensure maintenance and security consistency.
Should you be upgrading to Oracle 11.2?
MindStream can help advise you of the best roadmap for your organization, whether you are considering a migration to Oracle 11.2
or a move to the cloud. We look carefully at your current business processes, IT footprint, and areas of opportunity for innovation.
We bring together a blend of project management experience and industry best practices to ensure your project is successful.
About MindStream Analytics
MindStream Analytics is a premier consulting firm and managed services provider. We help organizations acquire, implement,
host, and manage strategic finance solutions designed to grow your business by bringing people, processes, and information
together. Our team is made up of business and technical experts who believe the power of technology, combined with best
practices and access to relevant information, helps companies gain a competitive advantage with improved planning, budgeting,
reporting, and analysis.
With years of experience in the Advanced Analytics and Enterprise Performance Management practices,
MindStream's innovations in
Finance during the Covid-19 pandemic led to it being selected as one of the 30 Most Influential Companies in 2020 by CIO Bulletin.
MindStream's Award-Winning AppCare for Oracle, Hyperion, and NetSuite customers has been selected as one of Channel Futures Top 501
Managed Services offerings in the World. AppCare allows your company to have your own 24/7 Center of Excellence - often at a fraction
of the cost of a single EPM administrator - because it maximizes the value of your IT organization by letting your staff focus
on high-value activities while MindStream experts maintain your software.
Contact MindStream Analytics
Want to know more about Oracle Hyperion Planning? Fill out the form below.