What is Oracle HFM 11.2?
Oracle HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) 11.2 is the newest version of Oracle's premier,
on-premise consolidation and reporting
solution designed for the office of the CFO. With version 11.2, Oracle is offering Applications Unlimited, a "Continuous Innovation"
release model 11.2, delivering ongoing applications and underlying technology stack updates without a major upgrade.
Several new features have been introduced with the 11.2 release, and there are more to come in the future (some features available
in previous versions are being discontinued.)
What's New with Oracle HFM 11.2
- Premier Support through 2030 - Important to note: Oracle Hyperion 18.104.22.168 Premier Support ends in December 2021.
- On-premise or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- No more major upgrades via Patch Set Updates (PSU)
- The initial release is Windows only
- Windows 2019, SQL Server 2017, Oracle 12.2
- JDK 1.8
- Linux 7 and AIX 7.2 to follow later as patches
- Journals Workbench
- HFM Insights
- Rule Profiling
- Charts/Grafts - Forms/Grids
- Import Application
- Simplified infrastructure and architecture for the future
- Sustained R&D
A Closer Look at Oracle HFM
With Oracle HFM, organizations can improve their consolidation and reporting process and reduce their internal control risks.
This allows Finance teams to deliver financial and non-financial analysis that supports strategic and operational
management decisions. With purpose-built features, Oracle HFM is the cornerstone of sustainable compliance frameworks
and helps companies comply with today's most stringent reporting regulations.
Additional features that Oracle is planning for future releases include:
- Automated Consolidations
- Enhanced Insights, Archiving
- Native metadata Editor - replaces metadata management
- Performance improvements
Oracle HFM provides enterprise-class functionality and depth in consolidation and reporting that is designed to be used
and maintained by finance professionals-unlike data warehouses and other enterprise reporting solutions that usually
require IT to customize and support them.
What can Oracle HFM do for your organization?
- Helps you reduce your consolidation, close, and reporting cycles by days or weeks and deliver timely results internally and externally
- Reduces your compliance costs and deliver a single version of the truth through the Web to improve internal and external transparency
- Maintains a regulatory filing to general ledger audit trail that provides confidence in the financial results
- Enables you to easily conduct an in-depth analysis of key performance and operational metrics
- Helps you to discover new sources of profitability and cash flow by company, product, brand, and customer segment
- Allows you to realize new benefits quickly with packaged regulatory reporting functionality Add the capabilities of a comprehensive suite
of enterprise performance management applications as needs and budgets dictate
Improve Close Cycle Times - Oracle HFM can reduce consolidation and reporting cycles by days or weeks. By minimizing the need to enter, check,
and double-check actual results, the finance team can spend more time on forward-looking activities. Oracle HFM is an integrated part of the
Hyperion Financial Close Suite which takes organizations to new levels of efficiency and automation.
Reduce the Cost of Compliance - Oracle HFM delivers one version of the truth through the Web, thereby improving organizations' internal and
external transparency. Now, they can reduce and replace manual control procedures with automated and preventative controls that
reduce processing and auditing costs.
Gain In-Depth Operational Insights Easily - With Oracle HFM, organizations can combine financial and non-financial results for greater insight
into performance metrics. They can analyze consolidated information across unlimited user-defined dimensions including company, product, brand, and customer.
Reduce Control Risk with Complete Audit Trails and Other Controls - Oracle HFM reduces "control risk" with complete audit trails, workflows,
internal review and certifications, controls, and validations so organizations can be confident in their numbers. Intercompany balances are
matched and eliminated, foreign currency is properly calculated per local GAAP or IFRS principles, cash flow statements are
produced, and minority interests are properly accounted for.
Intercompany Transaction Matching Module - Oracle HFM includes a purpose-built intercompany transaction matching module. The module provides
an efficient way to identify, reconcile and report on intercompany account differences at a transaction, or 'invoice' level. Organizations
can capture, match, and resolve intercompany differences across currencies. End users can enter comments and reason codes to help in the resolution process.
Perform Versatile Scenario Management - Oracle HFM offers flexible what-if scenario management so users can dynamically consolidate
report on all financial budgets, forecasts, and plans. Then, as assumptions and facts change, they can easily and quickly produce
statements and views of results.
Powerful, Easy-to-Use Reporting and Analysis Tools - Oracle HFM includes a powerful production report writer and Smart View for Office-a
Microsoft Office interface that enables both entry and reporting of information. All these components are designed for use by the finance
team as well as self-service access by line management.
Should you be upgrading to Oracle 11.2?
MindStream can help advise you of the best roadmap for your organization, whether you are considering a migration to Oracle 11.2 or perhaps a
move to the cloud. We look carefully at your current business processes, your IT footprint, and areas of opportunity for innovation and improvement.
We bring together a blend of technical knowledge, project management experience, and industry best practices to ensure every project is successful.
Contact MindStream Analytics
Complete the form below if you are interested in learning more about working with MindStream and migrating to Oracle HFM 11.2.