Financial Planning and Analysis
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
teams play a crucial role by performing budgeting, forecasting, and analysis that supports major corporate decisions of the CFO, CEO, and the Board of Directors. Very few companies can be consistently
profitable and grow without careful financial planning and cash flow management, continually examining, analyzing, and evaluating the entirety of a corporation's financial activities, and mapping out the
company's financial future.
Some key activities involved in FP&A include the following:
- Financial Reporting - GAAP or IFRS compliant financial statements, or Proforma and Management Reporting
- Visualizations - through dashboarding using charts and graphs to facilitatetrend analysis
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) - to measure business performance against key metrics that you've
defined for your enterprise planning - or industry benchmarks.
- Variance Analysis - Actual vs Budget or Forecast, as well as Year-over-Year or Quarter=over-Quarter enterprise performance.
- Line Item Detail - isolating and explaining components of key expense items for future analysis.
- Commentary - A narrative of business performance to explain variances, timing issues, and anomalies in spending patterns.
- Presentations - issuance or guidance to stakeholders, public reporting, a board of directors or key management
MindStream supports FP&A teams by offering solutions to enhance Strategic Planning and Modeling,
Financial Budgeting and Forecasting
, and Detailed Operational Planning. Our team of planning experts can provide you with solutions that
Drive accurate and agile integrated plans
—today's digital economy demands more than spreadsheets and department-oriented planning processes. Truly effective planning should seamlessly connect your entire organization for a better vision. MindStream
can help you align planning across the enterprise so that you can develop agile forecasts for all lines of business and respond faster and more effectively to change.
Manage and drive profitability
—to survive in uncertain times, you must be able to manage and drive profitability. MindStream can help you gain insight into dimensions of cost and profitability to determine where to invest limited
Satisfy all your reporting requirements
—no matter how many reporting standards you must comply with, you want to be sure that the data you provide in your reports is accurate, complete, and the most current information available. MindStream
can help you attain one version of the truth and reduce the need for multiple reporting systems
Contact MindStream Analytics
Want to know more about how we can help your FP&A team? Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you shortly.