Oracle’s Hyperion Planning is a web driven Planning and Budgeting tool that utilizes Oracle Essbase as the data storage and calculation engine. By leveraging Essbase’s multidimensional data model as well as standard relational database management platforms, Oracle’s Hyperion Planning provides a powerful tool for forecasts, budgeting, reporting, and analysis. The Essbase portion of the application gives Hyperion Planning the calculation power to handle predictive planning, allocations and complicated revenue recognition planning. The relational repository allows Planning to collect textual information critical to a coordinated understanding of the budget. Hyperion Planning contains process flow management and process guidance for end users. While Hyperion Planning is a web software application, it also has an add-in with Microsoft Office (called Smartview) which allows users to forecast or budget in Microsoft Excel, an environment comfortable to most finance users.
Hyperion Planning is part of Oracle’s Hyperion EPM software suite and is often utilized with Hyperion Financial Reports and Web Analysis to enhance the analytic value inherent in its underlying use of Essbase. Hyperion Planning has two additional add-in modules; Workforce Planning and CapEx Planning that can be purchased along with Planning.
Key features of Hyperion Planning
- Multi-dimensional / multi user planning with a powerful business rules engine
- Flexible workflow and plan management capabilities
- Comprehensive Microsoft Office integration
- Easy to use Web interface
- Seamless creation of reports and dashboards
- Proven and scalable architecture
- Robust integration with ERP systems and other sources
- Full set of administrative tools for application management