Migrating Reports with Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio (FRS)
Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting generates highly formatted, book-quality financial and management reports like a GAAP-complaint
Balance Sheet and Income Statement for your company's Annual Report. While Oracle Financial Reporting Studio is used to create
and edit reports, changes to the report folder structure like deleting reports, copying reports within an instance, or migrating
reports between instances and environments, can be made in the Workspace for Financial Reports.
To get to the folder structure that houses the reports from your application homepage -
- 1. Click on the Financial Reporting Center icon
- 2. Click on the task list icon on the upper right corner > Open Workspace for Financial Reporting
- 3. On the new page, click on the Application drop-down > BI Catalog. Make sure pop-ups are enabled for your browser.
To export reports from the source destination -
- 4. On the BI Catalog page of the source environment, click on File > Export
- 5. Click the folder of the report to export > Select the report > click ok. This will download the report to your default
download location in a .des format.
Next, ensure that the hierarchies used on the rows and columns of the report match in the source and target environments before
importing the reports to the target. In case the hierarchies don't match, the target report will not run as is. This is because the
members on the target report are still referencing the IDs from the hierarchy in the source environment and will need to be
selected again, once the report is imported.
To import the reports to the source destination, repeat steps 1-4 in the target environment to get to the BI Catalog -
- 6. Open the folder where you want to store the imported report
- 7. Click on File > Import > Financial Reports
- 8. In the new dialog box, navigate to the folder where the .des file you downloaded in the previous step resides > Select the .des file
and click open
- 9. Confirm the database connection detail to match the target database > Click ok.
Contact MindStream Analytics
Want to learn more about FRS and other Oracle Hyperion offerings? The consultants at MindStream Analytics are here to
help you take your reporting to the next level.