MindStream's Consolidation Consultants are deployed to the Finance and Enterprise Performance Management Consulting organization.
Senior consultants support the business process definition, functional design and technology enablement as part of Enterprise Performance Management programs focused on
financial consolidations. As members of the project teams, Senior consultants provide subject matter expertise in both leading business practices and application
expertise to assist in the designing, developing, and deployment of applications that support the entire Consolidation process. Consultants are expected to drive
efforts throughout the full lifecycle of the project and provide supervising and coaching to junior team members.
This position requires a minimum of 50 - 80% travel.
- Lead implementation workstream(s) of various consolidation tool such as:
- Coordinating activities to support clients through requirement gathering and process design, chat of account optimization, journal entry leading practices, and
providing recommendations to enhance and accelerate the close-to-report process as the Financial Consolidation Lead
- Advising on technical designs and development best practices as a lead for the application component (e.g. Application Lead, Reporting Lead,
and Data Integration Lead)
- Develop the test plan and coordinate resources required to complete end-to-end testing as the Test Cycle Lead
- Defining a training plan and coordinating resources to deliver application and process training as the Training Lead
- Recommend ways to enhance and accelerate the close-to-report process
- Leverage content knowledge and past experiences to architect optimal Consolidations and Financial Reporting solutions incorporating leading practices in
areas that include: business and finance strategy, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), accounting treatment for typical accounting
considerations such as equity pick-up and minority / non-controlling interest, Cash Flow statement preparation and automation, multi-GAAP reporting,
and complex ownership structures
- Facilitate application design sessions advising in areas such as application architecture, process and application alignment and optimization, report design
and alignment to the most appropriate reporting tool, and security design
- Configure application components, including optimal hierarchy configuration, currency translation, intercompany eliminations, Reports, Smart View templates,
and application rules customization in line with business, functional and performance requirements
- Assist with data conversion and interfacing activities, including user support to load and reconcile data
- Prepare key deliverables such as requirement documents, design documents, development inventory, test documentation, training materials and administration/procedural
- Proactively learn about Consolidation applications, including (but not limited to): HFM, ARM, FCM, FCCS, OneStream, BPC, HTP, etc. The consultant should have
strong business process knowledge that can be applied to various technologies.
- Contribute to internal initiatives around staff development and support of marketing needs.
- Supervise, train, and coach junior team members