FDM Drill Into Anything
Drill-into-Anything is a powerful Enhancement for Oracle's Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management. Our custom Source Adapter for Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Drill-into-Anything (DIA), enhances and extends the functionality of Oracle's Hyperion ERP Integrator.
Oracle's Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM) is a web-based software component that enables business users to create sophisticated data load processes independently from a fully committed IT support team. Source data can be imported and mapped to ensure the quality of the data which will be loaded into a Target application.
With certain Hyperion applications (Financial Management, Planning, Essbase) it is also possible to drill-back from the Target system into FDM and review the mappings which have been applied to the source data.
A new Component: ERP Integrator
In a recent release, Oracle published a new component called ERP Integrator (ERPI) which can be configured to create a direct connection between FDM and a source GL system (Oracle Financials and PeopleSoft). This can be used in two ways:
- 1. To extract data directly from the source GL system and import it into FDM
- 2. To drill back from an aggregated level in FDM into the actual transactions which exist in the Source GL data and further more logon to the source GL system and being directed to the exact transactions which have comprise the value existing in FDM
Limitations of ERP Integrator
ERPI's ability to drill into a source GL system is an important step towards the goal of creating Management Excellence. However, it currently has some limitations.
The most critical ones are:
- Supported Source Systems are limited to most recent versions of E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft.
- Import Formats: restricted capabilities (concatenation of Entity dimension); multiple Import Formats required
- Complexity: multiple tools and configuration steps required
- High Licensing fees
For more information on how MindStream Analytics can help you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact MindStream Analytics
Want to know more about MindStream Analytics Drill into Anything? Fill the form below.